Mile 15.6: Talbot Street

Previous PageNext Page

 

Most of the city's important commercial establishments were located on Talbot St., here shown looking west from the L&PS tracks with the city hall clock tower in the background.

(MSTS Screenshot)

The L&PS tracks crossed those of the St. Thomas Municipal Railway which operated as a 3'6" gauge electric street railway from about 1900 to 1925.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

The red brick structure at Princess and Talbot is the Imperial Bank which still occupies the building to this day.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Looking east from the L&PS tracks. St. Thomas station is just out of sight to the left. Talbot St had just recently been paved in this 1920 photo.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

The L&PS delivered boxcars loaded with paper and printing supplies to the Sutherland Press siding just south east of the Talbot St. crossing.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Previous PageNext Page