Mile 14.5: Kettle Creek Ravine

Previous PageNext Page

 

At 600 feet long, this is the longest bridge on the line. It is an all steel trestle constructed in 1895 by the Dominion Bridge Company. Township road 9 crosses the line at the north end of the bridge. In the background is the 25Hz power station that supplies the southern portion of the line. It was the shutdown of the 25Hz generators at Niagara Falls that spelled the end of electric service on the L&PS.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Looking south as Passenger Motor No 2 inches across the bridge on a misty cold morning.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Previous PageNext Page