Mile 15.7: Wellington Block

Previous PageNext Page

 

There were a number of industries located along the L&PS tracks between the MCR Diamond and the Mill Creek Bridge. Beyond this thin strip of industry however, were the homes and yards of the city's working class.

Looking south from the MCR diamond.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Turnville Coal and Wood Yard - Princess Ave in the distance.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

The Wellington Street crossing with Bingham Bean elevator.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

McManus Coal and Lumber was one of many such businesses who were supplied with coal by the L&PS. Loaded coal hoppers, originating in the Pennsylvania coal fields, were delivered to the Lake Erie port of Ereau, where they were taken by car ferry to Port Stanley. Here they were pulled off the ferry for delivery all along the L&PS route.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Openned in 1881, Alma College for Women attracted students from the area and from all parts of the world.

(MSTS Screenshot)

 

Previous PageNext Page