L&PS Rolling Stock - Trailer Cars No 1, 3 and 5

 

 

These trailers were built in 1915 by Preston Car & Coach of Preston, Ontario, Canada. At 61 feet long, they seated 60 passengers. The body was wood sheathed constructed on a steal underframe. The trailers were equipped with a driving position at each end to permit them to lead a train with one of the other motor cars trailing. Since the L&PS had no loops, wyes or turntables, all of the equipment was designed for flexible operation in both directions. During the busy beach season, trains operated with as many as three trailers between two motor cars.

No 1 leading a train with No 2 providing the motive power.

(MSTS Screenshot)

No 1 in the middle of a train between motor cars 2 and 4 and one other trailer.

(MSTS Screenshot)