L&PS Rolling Stock - Trailer Cars No 7, 9 and 11

 

 

These trailers were delivered by St. Louis Car Co in July 1917. Two feet shorter than the Preston built trailers, they were 59 feet long, but still seated the same 60 passengers. The body was wood sheathed constructed on a steal underframe with a 62,661 pound total weight. The trailers were equipped with Sprague Type M controllers at each end to permit them to lead a train with one of the other motor cars. As delivered, they had arch-topped end windows, however at some point in their life these were rebuilt with a simpler square construction as shown here. They were scrapped in the 1950s when passenger service ended on the L&PS.

No 11 leading a train awaiting departure from the beach terminal.

(MSTS Screenshot)